Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Day 8: Coconut Macaroons

Not much was accomplished today, but a lot was attempted. After work, I spent time at my mom's pulling Christmas wrappings and gift fixin's. The gift exchange in my department is coming up early this year, and I want to wrap my gifts so that they can be displayed a few days before opening [ unlike previous years where I hurriedly throw them together the night before, finger's crossed that they pass for cute].

Meanwhile, my mom started cutting off some branches from her Modesto Ash and Rose of Sharon tree/shrub. The plan was to douse them in glitter and stick them into my tree. Of course, this isn't turning out as expected, and G is being a Negative Nancy about how the tree looks:



Personally, I think it looks neat. It just needs a star or a point to really top it off.... and a skirt with presents stacked on top!


8 days in to the cookie challenge now; it's getting hard! The action of baking is fun and stress relieving, but the action of eating.... I am getting all sweeted-out! These macaroons are actually not so sweet but still decadent.


Coconut macaroon's turned out to be really simple to make and didn't require many ingredients other than eggs, sugar, and coconuts! This recipe was from Food Network Magazine, Dec 2009. Chocolate really jazzes this recipe up, and you can melt it with a double boiler to get it to the right consistency. This is definitely one of those recipes that looks fancy, but is a piece of cake to make!



1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love your tree!! (And your cookies, too) :)