Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Day 21: Sugar Cookies




Once again I fall back to the holy grail of Christmas cookies: Better Home and Gardens 1996 Christmas cookie edition.


This dough closely resembles the one I follow, however, I use all butter, and the version I have calls for 1/3 cup of each of the fats (so I use 2/3 cups of butter).

However, for these cookies, my friend Laura followed a recipe called "Be a Star Cookies"

I am not sure of her source, so I am re-posting the recipe:

3 1/3 c flour
1 tbsp baking powder
1 can sweetened condensed milk (or you can follow Paula Deen's recipe here)
3/4 c margarine or butter
2 eggs
2 tsp vanilla



I like how these cookies didn't spread, but rose.

We had alot of fun decorating all the cookies at the cookie baking party. We followed this Royal Icing recipe @ Cupcakes and Cashmere, and used sprinkles and the caramel sauce I made for the Dutch Stroopwafels.

The best part of cookie baking is decorating the cookies. It doesn't feel like Christmas until you bust out the sprinkles!


-A

No comments: