Sunday, December 5, 2010

Day 5: Chocolate-Mint Ice Cream Sandwiches



I love ice cream sandwiches. I live for ice cream sandwiches. If I was stranded on a desert island for the rest of my life, ice cream sandwiches would be on my list of things I would want an infinite supple of.

Find a cutout cookie recipe, in sugar, chocolate, chocolate chip, peanut butter; whatever you want.

Cut out circles, hearts, squares.

Then, thaw 1 qt of ice cream.

Line a baking pan with plastic wrap, and spread the soften ice cream evenly

Freeze until solid.

Remove from freezer, cut out ice cream with cookie cutter shape, and place on a cooled cookie. Top with another cookie, and behold the ice cream sandwish goodness!

You can wrap them in plastic wrap individually, and store them in the freezer.

For this recipe I chose chocolate cookies, paired with mint chip icecream, and rolled in crushed peppermints.


Home made ice cream sandwiches are deliciously satisfying, even in holiday flavors :)


-A

No comments: