Saturday, December 4, 2010

Day 4: Peanut Butter Oatmeal Rounds


Today was spent cleaning up downstairs, which also meant finishing up decorating.

The tree is up and decorated with blue, gold, and shades of silver balls, and glittering reindeer. Now all it needs is a skirt and a topper.

Finally, when I was done stringing cranberries for the stair case, and hanging lights outside, and wrapping ribbon around banasters, did I get down to cookie making business.

This recipe is from one of my favorite Better Homes and Garden's Christmas cookie editions. I refer to my tatters 1996 edition as The Holy Grail of Cookies and with reason; not only are there traditional recipes in this book, there are loads of unique recipes.

My family has been using this magazine for at least the last 10 years every Christmas, and sometimes in the off season.

Now that the house is clean (except for that mound of dishes in the sink I dare not tackle tonight), I can enjoy a plate of cookies before G eats them all!



No comments: