Friday, December 24, 2010

Day 24: Chocolate Chip Cookies



This recipe for Perfect Chocolate Chip cookies was given to me by one of my coworkers.

It is one of the most amazing chocolate chip cookies I have ever eaten. This cookie is about as big as my hand. Its title is suiting; it is perfect in taste, texture, and chewy-ness!


Tomorrow is the big day, the last day in 25 days of cookie baking madness!



I have been a crafty lady; taking advantage of not only recipes in these magazines, but projects. As shown below, I made a styrofoam wreath for my front door, with styrofoam balls (sprayed with artificial snow) and a florist bow. I think it turned out pretty neat!

My mom is the master of decorating. I get a lot of inspiration from her. This year, she used a lot of red in her decorating theme:



I love these vintage paper angels and houses. She used a terrarium here, with snow padding. World Market and Twee Boutique are both carrying these paper houses. But you can also find patterns online to make them yourself!

Every year she decorates artificial branches with lights, flowers and ornaments. It's beautiful above the mantle.
Above the dinnertable is a this light fixture. My sister helped my Mom decorate it, and turn it into a condensed "tree" with balls hanging below it. I loveeeeeeeee what they did.


Even outside is complete with wreaths and berries, everywhere!






Even her potting bench is decked out! I love how she covers every nook and crannies with something festive.


As you may have guessed, some cookies over the last 3 days looked like they were made at the cookie baking party. This was the case, I was out of town for a few days but had to live up to my 25 cookies in 25 days plan!


G and I went to Las Vegas for a few days; I thought it was to pick his brother up from the terminal there, and show him the city for a few days. It still was the case, but G proposed to me 2 hours before his brother landed. We had a fancy dinner at the Eiffel Tower Restaurant at the Paris hotel and I sat directly in front of the Bellagio light show fountains. He had me look out the window and when I turned around to face him again, I found a ring in my plate. I was speechless, so I kissed him, and held back tears of joy. Needless to say, this was one of the most romantic nights of my life. A 6 course meal and a bottle of champaign, plus several phone calls to our family members ensued. As far as I am concerned, this is the best Christmas gift ever :)


1 comment:

Unknown said...

What about the xm radio? That was a pretty cool gift too!