Thursday, December 23, 2010

Day 23: Molasses Creams





Taste of Home's Molasses Creams are my dad's favorite, and a yearly tradition for the last 3 years.

I like to drizzle the frosting as opposed to pour it all over the cookie; it helps the icing dry faster, and is less messy in cookie tins.

It seems all the Christmas prepping is caught up with. Just going to my mom's tomorrow to cooks some things in advance. All of the gifts are wrapped, the house is spic and span, and G is happy that his brother is visiting this Christmas, his fourht Christmas on the west coast.


I made both of the boys stockings with felt cutouts (and the help of my sister's sewing machine and steady hand!), with traditional Christmas icons (a tree, snowman) and some things they enjoy (a steak and football).

I've filled them with fun things I know they both will like, (mini sausages, and chocolates, not together of course!)

It's simple projects like this that make the season fun and personal.

2 Days away, and 2 cookies left :)


-A

No comments: