Sunday, December 12, 2010

Day 12: Cinnamon-Sugar Rolls






Food network put this recipe out last year. Last year I only made half the recipe, and I did it with my grandmother's pie crust vs the store bought dough.

O.M.G. These cookies are not to sweet, but very addicting. You can do it the way the recipe calls for, or you can make your own pie dough with:

1 stick of butter
1 1/2 cups flour
and 3 tablespoons of water (you may not need all 3, or a little more than 3, depending on how the dough comes together and the humidity/temperature of your kitchen!)

I let the dough chill for a few hours. It's important, has something to do with the elasticity of the dough... perhaps the gluten? But I'm no Alton Brown. Just know that it is important.

Spread with creamed butter, and sprinkle on sugar and cinnamon, and viola! Sweet, yet savory perfection!

No comments: