Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Day 15: Pignoli Cookies


Giada de Laurentis is my hero. She is to me, what Julia was to Julie. Seriously. Her recipes are light, easy, and phenomenal.

Pignoli (or pine nut) cookies are a a most recent holiday staple. In reality, I usually only make 5-6 different cookies come Christmas time (peanut butter, chewy chocolate gingerbread, pignoli and yet to come molasses rounds, sugar cookies, gingerbread men). This recipe has become a holiday classic in my family.

Now we're 10 days away from completing my cookie mission and 10 days away from Christmas. So far on my list of things to do: get a star for my tree, take my last final, get ready for Saturday's 2nd Annual Cookie Baking Party (yes, it's a tradition in the making!), and clean the guest bedroom for G's brother's 2 week stay.

A few days ago, this cookie bake was getting stressful. Now that there's less things going on, it's back to the relaxing joys of hanging out in the kitchen... and having a bite of something sweet.


-A

No comments: