Monday, December 6, 2010

Day 6: Easy Whoopie Pies



Today, I committed a desert sin. I cheated on cupcakes. I think I have a new favorite desert, but luckily, whoopie pies are just as cute as cupcakes, and super fun to say!

These Whoopie Pies are so easy to make. I never was really a fan of whoopie pies, and have noticed the gradual hype (whoopie pie pans at Sur La Table have taken off to all other department stores). But they could not win me over! Cupcakes are my true passion! Until now....

If you have never experienced a warm whoopie pie sandwich, melting with marshmallow, you need to put it on your bucket list. Yes, it's that toe-curling delicious.

The recipe called for marshmallows, which I misread for marshmallow fluff.... which is a total mess. Also, I am a food snob, and preffer to avoid things with "high fructose corn syrup", but being that I am baking every single day for 19 more days, I do not feel up to making a fresh batch of marshmallows.... yet. So I took this recipe a step further and introduced Nutella in the mix.

Nutella, nutella, silky nutella, mixed with fluffy marshmallows makes a rich fluffy treat pressed between two chocolate cookie cakes.

You'll easily want to make a double batch of these whoopie pies; I am afraid I might eat the whole plate tonight!


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great pics and fun blogs. Awesome cookies!!