Friday, December 3, 2010

Day 3: Chocolate Espresso Biscuits



Today I got home a little late from visiting my family, and hurriedly threw this recipe together in my mix master.

Then, G comes home and peeks over my shoulder at the magazine sprawled open on the counter. "No peanut butter?!"

When I first mentioned my 25 days of cookies challenge, he asked, "Where did you get that idea from?"

"Nowhere, I thought it up myself."

"Yeah? So like, a cookie a day 'til Christmas?"

"Yes, a cookie a day."

"Honey, maybe you should do this next year when you're not still in school..."

"What do you mean? I can totally do this!"

"You don't handle stress well. Remember this summer? You were a lot nicer..."

Ouch. "Yeah... well cooking relaxes me..." And with that I talked him into this project of mine, with the promise that we would give cookies out to friends, family, and coworkers.

So far, this has held true; I took cookies to work and to my mom's place. But I also promised him peanut-buttery chocolate-y goodness. You see, G has simple but particular tastes. Not all cookies have been created equal, and peanut butter reigns supreme, with chocolate chip coming in close second place. Sometimes white chocolate chip macadamia nut can sneak in... as long as it is minus the macadamia nuts.

There's currently a stack of 6 magazines on the table next to me... maybe I'll get started on deciding what will thrill his taste buds within these constraints.

-A

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I didn't find your blog until day 20, but I'm really interested in making these.

Unknown said...

By the way the plate makes a great backdrop for the photo.